Sunday, September 12, 2010

A present from BforQueen

My darling Flanagan,

I was going to do something very smart and funny. It was going to be amazing, hilarious and pretty much epic. Then I got sick, and now my brain is mush. Snotty mush, actually. So this is all I can come up with right now. Warning: I’m very emotional at the moment, so this just may turn out to be a soppy declaration of my love for you. It also may not make much sense. Maybe I should have Jess beta it…

Sweetie, I clearly remember when I discovered BBS. To this day, it remains my favourite fic in the world of Twi. When I started reviewing it, and you replied to those reviews, I remember there was squeeing. It was the start of a wonderful friendship, filled with Buffy – the musical - pussy chat (I’m talking about my cats) and just random stuff. When I took my first, frightening steps into writing my own fic, you were right there to support me, giving me the courage to do it.

Then both of us joined Twitter. You were one of the first people I started following, and when you followed me back and actually spoke to me, there may have been more fangirling. You introduced me to Jess and CB, who became close friends, and I honestly can’t imagine my life without them, or you, today.

My funny little Canadian, I love you. I hope you have the best day ever, filled with erotic pastry, Mr. Flan loving, pussy words and fandom love. I promise to have a few (or more) drinks in your honour!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FLANNY!

Inappropriate fandom love and stuff.

Atchoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment